Instagram-influenced purchases rose 91% in 2018 from a year earlier, but Facebook is the market leader, influencing 6x more purchases in 2018, according to adtech firm StitcherAds.
- Retailers spent 47% more on Facebook & Instagram holiday campaigns in 2018 from the prior year.
- Retailers saw a 14% increase in Facebook-attributed in-store sales from a year earlier.
- Over the holiday season, 2.7x more purchases occurred on mobile devices vs. desktop.
- Cost per click declined about 10% from a year earlier.
- CPM fell 17% from a year earlier.