Key results from Twitter’s fourth quarter 2018:
Monthly active users fell to 321 million from 326 million in the prior quarter. U.S. users slipped to 66 million from 67 million. International users fell to 255 million from 259 million.
Total revenue rose 24 percent to $909 million from a year earlier (up 26 percent on a constant currency basis). Ad revenue climbed 23 percent to $791 million. Licensing revenue increased 34 percent to $117 million.
U.S. revenue rose 24 percent to $506 million. International revenue also rose 24 percent to $403 million (up 27 percent on a constant currency basis).
For first quarter 2019, Twitter forecast:
- Total revenue to be between $715 million and $775 million
- GAAP operating income to be between $5 million and $35 million
For 2019, the company forecast:
- GAAP and cash operating expenses to be up approximately 20 percent from prior year
- Stock-based compensation expense of $350 million to $400 million
- Capital expenditures between $550 million and $600 million